You can create or join a group by opening the main menu (tap on the three dots on the bottom right corner of the screen) and select "Groups". Tap on the plus icon and select that do you want to create or join a group:
JOIN ULTRACOM GROUP
Tap on the "Join group" selection and type the group ID to join the group. You will get the group ID from the user that created the group. You will see all information of the group and can select that do you want to share your own location to the group. If you have any dogs in the app, you can select if you wish to share the dogs location to other users in the group. If you have been given the admin rights, you can manage other group settings (see more on this below). You can also join a group with a group link (more info on chapter "7. Sharing the group").
CREATE ULTRACOM GROUP
Tap on the "Create new group" selection to create a new group. When you create a group, you will be the first admin of the group. You can invite more members to the group, give them different rights, for example make someone an admin, you can add map information, map markings etc. to the group.
In the group view there are the following selections, depending on the rights that you have for the group:
- You can select a picture for the group.
- You can type and change the name of the group.
- You can select which of your dogs location you want to share in to the group (dogs can be attached to multiple groups).
- You can create a join code for your group which can be given to others so that they can join your group. You can select a level for the join code, which gives different rights to the person joining the group:
- Administrator: Same rights as the creator of the group (can change all of the settings and also permanently delete the group). Administrator (admin) can see the user and dog list and admin can see which dogs are shared and which users have shared their location to the group. Admin can also make map markings to the group and add additional map data to the group.
- Member: Member can see all dogs which are shared in the group and they can also see other users if they have shared their location to the group. Member can also add map markings and additional map data to the group.
- Viewer: Can see other users and dogs on the map, but cannot share own dogs or own location to the group. Also viewers do not appear on the device list of the map screen to other users in the group.
- You can see other members of the group and their rights in the group. If you are an administrator, you can also change user rights by tapping on the name of the user.
- You can add additional map data to the group. Map data will be updated to all members of the group automatically.
- You can add map markings to your group.
- You can exit the group. If you exit the group, you cannot see other users or their dogs anymore.
- You can remove the group. This will permanently remove the group members, all map markings and additional map data. This is irreversible and Ultracom cannot undo group removal.
When you return back to the group menu, you can select which groups you want to to have turned on which groups members will be shown on the map.
Go to the next part of the manual by clicking on this link.